The Marigny Opera House serves as a community meeting place and is committed to hosting charitable or philanthropic meetings, workshops and seminars for public or private audiences.
BUILDING TIMELINE
1876
Rev. Thevis establishes St. Roch Cemetery.
1871
Benedictine Sisters come to New Orleans from Kentucky to operate Holy Trinity School.
1868
Rev. Thevis prays to St. Roch, vowing to build a chapel in his honor if the Holy Trinity congregation is spared. No one died and Father Thevis completes St. Roch Chapel in 1873.
1868
Rev. Ignatius Scheck died from yellow fever
1866
Rev. Schiffler dies from yellow fever and is succeeded Rev. Ignatius Scheck as pastor and Rev. Peter Thevis as assistant.
1853
Rev. Matthias Schifferer rebuilds Holy Trinity.
1851
Fire destroys the church.
1848
Holy Trinity Church is dedicated as a German parish.
1847
Rev. J.M. Masquelet purchased property at the corner of Dauphine and St. Ferdinand streets for $3000. Commissions design by architect Theodore Giraud.
To engage your own organization or charitable effort, please fill out the box below.